Everyone has that one, (technically) non-essential spending habit that they cringe at the thought of having to add up how much that habit has cost them over time. For you, it might be your daily cup of coffee at your local coffee spot, a monthly subscription service, or indulging in those shiny, tempting knick knacks in the checkout line. For me – it’s pens. I cannot even begin to add up the cost of this pen habit over time (nor do I want to!). But I can tell you that some of that money was definitely wasted, and some of it was incredibly well spent. So I wanted to start this new, honest pen review video series for you called “What’s That Pen?”.
My hope for this honest pen review series is that you don’t waste your money and can buy the perfect pen for your needs, preferences and specific projects.
For these reviews, I will be using this comprehensive pen review worksheet. You can find your own free copy of this printable worksheet right here. I will also be uploading the completed worksheet for each pen in reviews below.
I will be regularly updating new pen reviews and adding them to this post. Just click on the pen name below to jump to a particular honest pen review. There will be a lot…probably an embarrassing number. So be sure to check back regularly or subscribe to my YouTube channel so that you will know when a new pen review is posted!
Now let’s get “write” to the point!
CLICK ON THE PEN NAME BELOW TO JUMP TO THAT PEN REVIEW!
- Artline Stix Brush Markers
- BIC Kids Visaquarelle Coloring Pens
- Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pens
- Chromatek Watercolor Brush Pens
- Crayola Brush and Detail Dual-Tip Markers
- DOMS Brush Pens
- Edding 1340 Brush Pens
- Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pens
- Fibralo Brush by Caran d’Ache
- Hobby Lobby Twin Tip Brush Markers
- Karin Brushmarker PRO
- Kuretake Zig Brushables
- Manuscript Callicreative Duotip Brush Markers
- Marvy Le Plume II Brush Markers
- Marvy Uchida ColorIn Brush Markers
- MOLOTOW Aqua Color Brush Pens
- Monami Plus Pen 3000
- Mozart Single Brush Pens
- Ohuhu Water-Based Dual-Tip Art Markers
- Pentel Arts Sign Pen Brush Flexible Point
- *New Colors Update* Pentel Arts Sign Pen Brush
- Pilot Enso Watercolor Brush Pens
- Prismacolor Scholar Brush Markers
- Royal Talens Ecoline Liquid Watercolor Brush Pens
- Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pens
- Sakura Pigma Brush Tip Color Set
- Sakura Pigma Professional Brush Pens
- Sharpie Brush Pens
- STABILO Pen 68 Brush
- Staedtler Double-Ended Lettering Pens
- Staedtler Double-Ended Watercolor Brush Pens
- Tombow ABT Pro Alcohol-Based Markers
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
- Zebra Funwari Fude Colored Brush Pens
- Zebra Mildliner Double Ended Brush Pen
- “The Stinkers”
- Metallic Pens Mini Series
- And more coming soon!
Products mentioned: Edding 1340 Brush Pens
Products mentioned: MozArt Supplies Single Brush Pens
Products mentioned: Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pens
Products mentioned: Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers | Tombow Fudenosuke Hard Tip | Beyond Basics & Black Online Power Course | Strathmore Mixed Media Paper 11×14 (400 Series) | Strathmore Mixed Media Paper 11×14 (300 Series) | HP Premium 32 Paper
Products mentioned: Zebra Funwari Fude Colored Brush Pens
Products mentioned: Manuscript Callicreative Duotips Brush Markers
Products mentioned: Zebra Mildliner Double Ended Brush Pens
Products mentioned: STABILO pen 68 brush
Products mentioned: Sakura Pigma Professional Brush Pens 3 Pack
Products Mentioned: Pilot Enso Watercolor Brush Pens (also available on Blick) | Canson XL Series Watercolor Pad (Amazon, Blick) | L’Aquarelle Canson Héritage Watercolor Block Cold Press (Amazon, Blick)
Products Mentioned: Staedtler Double-Ended Lettering Pens
Products Mentioned: Ohuhu Water-Based Dual-Tip Art Markers, 60 Pack
Products Mentioned: BIC Kids Visaquarelle Coloring Pens
Products Mentioned: Royal Talens Ecoline Liquid Watercolor Brush Pens (Amazon, Blick) | Canson XL Series Watercolor Pad (Amazon, Blick) | L’Aquarelle Canson Héritage Watercolor Block Cold Press (Amazon, Blick)
I'm going to assume that you're here because you love calligraphy, hand lettering and art... or maybe you just want to know more about it. Either way, you're totally in the right place!